The most annoying moment occurs when you want to do activities using the computer, but the computer can not be turned on at all. When you’re faced with this condition, you don’t have to panic. Calm down and find out the reason why the computer won’t turn on.
By knowing why you can determine the most appropriate solution to improve the state of the computer. In this article, we’ll share important information about the causes of the computer’s inability to turn on. No need to wait long. Here’s the full explanation.
Knowing The Causes Of Computer Won’t Turn On
Several conditions cause the computer not to be dipped. Here are some possibilities that could happen.
- Power Source
When the computer shows no signs of life when you’ve pressed the power button, this condition can be caused by several factors. The power cord is broken. To do that, you need to check the power cable first.
Cable connections are not properly attached to current sources or power outlets or power supplies. The power supply is broken. When the power supply is damaged, the electricity from outside will not be able to enter the computer.
As a result, the computer could not be turned on at all. Related to the power supply, there is also the possibility of the power supply that you use is not following the needs of computer hardware.
Damaged casing panel cables can be one of the reasons the computer cannot function. This cable connects the power button with the motherboard.
The signs of damage from this casing panel cable are that the indicator light from the motherboard is on but the computer still cannot be turned on.
- Motherboard get Trouble
The second possibility that causes the computer can not turn on is the motherboard get trouble.
The motherboard on this computer will signal a beep as an error code indicating the motherboard is not in good condition.
The motherboard is a place to immerse important components such as CPU, RAM until this graphics card is easily damaged if the operation of your computer is not normal.
The most important component of the computer other than this processor can be damaged due to overheating of the CPU components.
It can also be caused because ic components are burned, the electrical voltage is unstable, it can also be due to overclocking.
- A problem from Another Component
If you have confirmed the current source, the current connecting cable, and the motherboard do not experience any problems.
Then there is the possibility of problems from another Component. Other components referred to here are CPU, PSU, graphics card, software, hard disk to RAM one of which could be damaged.
The condition of the computer when the components are damaged may turn on but the display is no longer normal. In a common case, the computer turns on but turns off again shortly after it is turned on. There are also cases where the computer is on but there are no pictures, unable to boot, and so on.
- BIOS Getting Trouble
It’s not just hardware problems that cause your PC won’t turn on or suddenly not start. This condition can also be caused by BIOS (Basic Input Output System) problem. BIOS plays a role and regulates the functionality of the hardware performance of the computer.
Read To: computer keeps shutting down
When the system is experiencing an error, one of the signs is that the computer cannot be turned on, it can also display from the computer screen suddenly blank and will occur boot failure.
How to Fix your Computer Condition
When you already know the source of the problem that caused Windows 10 cannot boot or PC not turn on. Now it’s time to find out how to fix your computer. As a solution, you can try the following ways.
- Check the main power source and power supply if it is on and ensure the power cord is connected correctly to the computer.
- Replacing all the cables that are no longer working can be the best solution. You can switch the connecting cable to PSU power, replace the casing panel cable and other internal cables if needed.
- A typical case where the computer is completely dead and completely unable to turn on is a broken PSU. Immediately make a replacement for your PSU.
- When the motherboard is damaged, you can move all the components of your computer to the new motherboard.
- If the graphics card (VGA) is damaged, the computer can turn on but will not display any images. If you encounter this condition, try replacing the VGA connector cable with your computer by ensuring the VGA itself is not damaged.
- Another possibility could be because your computer’s RAM is damaged or just dirty. As a solution, you can first clean the RAM components, especially the brass, using a pencil eraser. If it doesn’t work, then you’ll need to replace the RAM with a new one.
- When the BIOS is in trouble, solutions can update from the motherboard BIOS to the latest version. If you have ever overlocked, you can set FSB and vCore back to default values.
Then afterward, you can save the changes made. However, if it is too difficult for you, just leave it to the service center.
All computer components are connected, so if one component is damaged, it will affect the computer’s entire system. Here are some tips for those of you who want to make their computer durable and old.
- Preferably use a stable electrical voltage. Unstable current is capable of causing computer components to break down quickly. To ensure the stability of the current, you can use the UPS tool or the present stabilizer.
- Simple things like turning off the computer the right way will make the computer more durable.
- Use a processor cooler to the maximum. This is to ensure that computer components do not experience overheat, which is the cause of the damage.
Reviews about causes, solutions to tips to prevent the computer won’t turn on can be a reference for you. With this info, you will not panic again when the computer suddenly wholly dies.