Do you want to convert pdf to CSV files online? Follow this article to get more information on how to change your pdf files to CSV in the simplest ways!
If you want to manage your data, especially if it is related to the database and contact manager, it will be best to use the CSV format. Some of you might sometimes save the data in pdf format and find it difficult to edit or even to manage. Don`t worry, because this article will show you how to convert pdf to CSV!
What are CSV Files?
CSV stands for comma-separated values or sometimes for character separated values, similar to any other ordinary data files. As you can see on its name, this data uses a comma to separate or limit the data. On some occasions, some people also use; or a semicolon to separate data.
CSV files were made to help you export complex data from one application to CSF files and vice versa. This type of data is frequently used to exchange data using different applications. Two types of data that often use CSV format are contact manager and database.
CSV files have a simple format or structure which only use commas to categorize the data. When you want to manage your contact list on your smartphone and transfer it to your PC, CSV files will arrange them accordingly.
Contact managers in CSV files will be arranged based on name, email address, phone number, and address. It will look like this:
Bobby Brown, [email protected], 0987654321, 56789-1234 fruit street
Maria Andrews, [email protected], 0123456789, 123-4547 flower street
Takeuchi Miura, [email protected], 0123987645, 123-456 Shinjuku Tokyo.
In a simple CSV file, the data will be more complicated since it will consist of hundreds or maybe thousands of lines, in which each line could be built by more long string texts and entries.
That is why using a comma as a separator can be easily read not only by humans but also by system applications such as notepad and Excel.
If you are a Windows user, you can easily open and look at a CSV file using notepad or notepad ++. Here are the instructions:
- Right-click on Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Hit Edit command.
- In case the file you want to open is too big, and the ordinary notepad cannot run, you can use notepad ++.
- If you are using notepad ++, right-click on the CSV file and select the command Edit With Notepad ++.
- The monitor will automatically display a plaintext data of your CSV file.
- Plaintext data will be different based on the program that you use to manage your contact. If you export contacts from the contact program, you will see the plaintext in detail arranged into new lines.
If you manage the contact using a password manager like LastPast, you will see different contact lines’ website entries.
- If you open the file using notepad and your Word Wrap feature is active, it can be more challenging to read the data. To non-activate the feature, select Format, then click on the Word Wrap button. It will rearrange the contact based on its line.
How To Convert PDF to CSV Files
After you understand what a CSV file is and what it is for, now is the time to tell you how to convert pdf. To do this, you do not have to download or install any pdf converter because you can do it online and, of course, for free!
This article provides some useful websites that you can use to convert your pdf files into CSV files. Here is the list of the websites:
- PDF Tables
To utilize this websiteto convert your pdf files, first, you have to go to the PDF tables website that you can access at https://pdftables.com/blog/convert-pdf-to-csv. Then you can just follow the instructions below:
- You will see the Convert A PDF button in a green color box on the main page and click on it to start the process.
- It will automatically bring you to your file explorer on your computer. Select the desired file and click Open.
- The system in the website will automatically convert your file. It might take time if your file is too big.
- After the conversion is completed, you will find a green button Download As Excel on the right side of the monitor. Do not click in the middle of the button, but click the ↓ down arrow on the right side of the Download As Excel.
It will display some options in what type of file you want to save the file. Then click on CSV.
- After finishing the download, you can transfer the file into the folder you want the saved file.
- Now you can open your CSV file on your computer. If Excel opens the CSV file, you can select a different program by right-clicking on the file, then choose the plan you desire to use.
- Zamzar Online File Conversion
If you want to use Zamzar Online File Conversion, you can access the website at https://www.zamzar.com/convert/pdf-to-csv/.
- After accessing the website, you will see the Add Files button in green color on the main page, hit on it.
- Your file explorer will pop up, and you can pick which file you desire to convert.
- Then click on the Convert Now.
- Your file will be processed, and if the download is done, the file will be saved to your computer automatically.
- The downloaded file will be on your download list in File Explorer.
- First of all, access the Aconvert website at https://www.aconvert.com/pdf/pdf-to-csv/.
- Select the Choose Files button to sort the files you want to convert. You can also pick more than one files to be converted at one time.
- Since you want to convert the pdf files into CSV, choose CSV as your target format.
- Then select the Convert Now button.
- After the conversion is complete, your file will be listed on the Conversion Results box; then, you can select or click the Download button.
- If you want to save the files online, such as in Dropbox or Google Drive, you can also do so.
That is all for the tutorial on how to convert pdf to CSV files online and for free. You just need to choose which websites that you find the most helpful for your work. Have a good day!